Monday, September 26, 2011

Family and Facebook

I will be away for the rest of the week as I am heading back home to Halifax to witness either my brother's marriage to a lovely awesome lady and/or a disasterous family fight as tensions force us to hate each other. For obvious reasons I am hoping for the former.

I have also bizarrely chosen this moment - filled with urgent family commiques about lodgings, travel arrangements and the like - to quit Facebook. I was getting annoyed at all the changes and my own dependance on that particular social networking site was potentially problematic. Other than the compulsive nature of my brain thinking only in unposted status updates, I'm holding up well.

When I joined Facebook, it was still mostly a curiosity, but now it seems almost essential for modern life. Soon I'm hoping to take a look and see what the science says, especially about any costs associated with avoiding or abandoning such an ubiquitus network. We'll see.

In the meantime, I'm on twitter (as Quietmarc or @quietmarc or whatever the hell the kids call it) and am flirting with google+. I'll keep you informed.

No comments:

Post a Comment